We always needs experienced Temple Guardians to staff pre-event shifts at the Temple. Pre-event shifts are mostly about maintaining the safety perimeter around the Temple while it is still a construction zone and helping others stay out of the way of the Temple Crew. These 4-hour pre-event shifts will run from Wednesday (August 24, 2016) through Sunday (August 28, 2016).
Pre-Event Shift Stipulations (for those who will already be coming in to the event under another department, team, or camp):
- You must have an early arrival pass.
- You must have a ticket to Burning Man.
- Prior volunteer experience with the Temple Guardians is required.
Early Arrival Pass Stipulations (for those seeking an early arrival pass from Temple Guardians):
- If you are seeking an early arrival pass from the Temple Guardians, you must commit to work at least three shifts pre-event plus an additional 3 shifts through the event week.
- Prior volunteer experience with the Temple Guardians is required. Applications from anyone who does not have at least one year of experience will be discarded.
Filling out the application does not guarantee you will receive an early arrival pass from the Temple Guardians. If you are arriving before the Burning Man gate opens to the public, every person in your vehicle must also have an individual valid early arrival pass with bar code. Bar codes are good for ONE ENTRY ONLY. We are not able to provide early arrival passes for spouses or traveling companions.
Early arrival applications are open for the 2016 event!
Early arrival applications are open for the 2016 event.